ABOUT THE CONVENING
We know that oral health is much more than just toothaches and cavities. Oral health plays a key role in our overall wellbeing and can contribute to school absence and worsen chronic health conditions such as diabetes and heart disease. Lack of access to culturally competent dental providers and linguistically appropriate services, as well as the high cost of dental care all contribute to oral health disparities which disproportionately impact low-income and communities of color.
In California, cuts to the state budget that resulted in the elimination of dental care for adults in the Denti-Cal program and a lack of comprehensive access to oral health care have only exacerbated oral health disparities.
Join us for our spring convening series as we highlight opportunities to advance oral health equity for communities of color at the state and local level.
CPEHN’s convening will provide you the opportunity to:
- Hear from local advocates about oral health challenges from access to care to unhealthy food environments in their communities
- Learn about opportunities to support local and statewide efforts to advance oral health equity
- Share ideas and take action on policies to reduce oral health disparities in California
In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, CPEHN will not be providing any handouts at the event, including PowerPoint presentations. Handouts will be available on this page a few days before the convening. A participant list will be emailed after the event.
$25 for the General Public and $10 for CPEHN Network Members (Network members should enter their discount code at the top of the registration form). Not a Network member? Join CPEHN's Network and receive a discount code!
Can't afford to pay the registration fee? Please complete the Fee Waiver Form and email it to email@example.com or fax it to (510) 832-1175, and we will get back to you in 2-3 business days.
A special thanks to our local co-hosts:
- Borrego Community Health Foundation
- California Partnership
- The Center for Oral Health
- Children Now
- The Children’s Partnership
- Health Quality Partners of Southern California
- Latino Coalition for a Healthy California
- Nile Sisters Development Initiative
- Vision y Compromiso
A special thanks to our funders, who help make our events possible:
Please contact Stella Kim if you have any questions at (213) 999-2051 or firstname.lastname@example.org.