Voices for Change: 30 Years of Championing Health Equity
- Date: Thursday, June 22, 2023
- Time: 10:00am to 4:00pm PT
- Registration and breakfast will start at 8:30am
- Program will begin at 10:00am
- Location: The California Endowment, 1000 Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- Early Bird: $50 (ends Tuesday, April 4, 2023) – use code EARLYBIRD30 during registration
- Regular: $65
- Parking: Free, on-site
The California Pan-Ethnic Health Network’s biennial Voices for Change Conference is happening Thursday, June 22, 2023 in Los Angeles.
Our conference is returning in-person this year! COVID-19 event policies and procedures will be in place.
Every two years we bring together policymakers, elected officials, non-profits, and community organizations to share their thoughts and expertise on a wide variety of health equity policy areas.
This year will be an opportunity to network with over 200 health equity advocates. Build community and connections across issues and geography through networking opportunities. Hear the latest in policy and research successes, challenges, and opportunities to advance health equity in physical, mental, oral, and public health. Develop knowledge and identify shared goals to deepen public understanding of health equity and increase public advocacy. Finally, reflect on 30 years of championing health equity, engaging communities, and working collaboratively with healthcare stakeholders.
CPEHN recognizes that COVID-19 is still circultating and therefore we have the below precautions and policies in place for our events:
- Masks are required indoors regardless of vaccination status
- CPEHN requires all attendees to have received at least two doses of any COVID-19 vaccine and will check vaccine verification at the door.
- CPEHN will not collect or store any medical information
- At the door, attendees must show
- Proof of Vaccination (original, copy (digital or physical), picture of vaccine record from the CDC, healthcare provider, or government agency
- Valid Photo ID (driver’s license, state-issued ID card, school ID card, passport, and other identification that includes photo and full name)
- Medical Exemptions: Must provide written certification by a licensed treating medical professional confirming one of the following:
- Cannot receive any COVID-19 vaccination due to contraindications recognized by the CDC or FDA
- Has medical or physical condition that prevents them from receiving any COVID-19 vaccine
If you have a medical exemption, contact Rachel Katz at email@example.com at least one week in advance of the event otherwise you will not be admitted. Those with a valid medical exemption will need to take a provided rapid test and test negative before attending the event.
This policy is subject to change.
More information coming soon!
CPEHN is committed to providing universal access to all of our events. Our registration includes a place to indicate accessibility needs. Please contact Aviva Prager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 832-1160 ext. 308 to request any accessibility needs or with questions. Advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility needs including interpretation and translation. If you need interpretation or translation, please indicate the language during registration. Please let us know if you have an interpretation or translation request by June 1, 2023.
- If you need to cancel your registration for any reason, please email email@example.com at by Thursday, June 8, 2023 by 5pm.
- If you need to transfer registration to another person, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, June 15, 2023 by 5pm.
CPEHN is committed to a conference opportunity that is inclusive and equitable.
We have limited funds available to support attendees with registration and/or travel, and prioritize those funds for extremely small organizations, unaffiliated individuals, people/organizations working in communities that are historically underrepresented at CPEHN events, and participants with a clear commitment to implement conference learnings to advance health equity.
Please complete this form to tell us a little more about yourself. We will reply to your request within two weeks. Requests must be submitted no later than Friday, May 26, 2023.
Thank you to our sponsors for their generous support!
30th Anniversary Sponsors
Blue Shield of California
Health Equity Champion
Health Justice Leader
Blue Shield of California Foundation
Kern Family Health Care
Molina Healthcare of California
Equity and Justice Supporter
California Community Foundation
Connecting for Better Health
Community Health Allies
Sponsoring CPEHN’s Voices for Change conference is an opportunity to increase your visibility among influential health advocates and policymakers. Sponsorship also demonstrates your commitment to advancing equitable mental, oral, and primary health care for California’s diverse communities.
Interested in sponsoring? Email email@example.com!
Download Sponsorship Form here.
Download Sponsorship Tiers here.