ABOUT THE CONVENING
Over 3.5 million Californians have enrolled in new coverage options since the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, yet persistent health disparities remain among communities of color, immigrants, and Limited English Proficient populations. Join the California Pan-Ethnic Health Network, California Partnership, and the Community Clinic Association of San Bernardino County, as we highlight opportunities to advance equity both locally and statewide in 2015 and beyond. Topics will include:
- Health for All efforts to provide health coverage to immigrants
- Integration of behavioral health and primary care
- Equity and health care quality
The convening will provide participants with the opportunity to:
- Hear updates on key policy issues to advance equity for communities of color in health coverage
- Learn about key statewide legislative proposals and make the connection to local advocacy efforts
- Discuss advocacy and mobilization efforts to advance policy locally and statewide
Continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. Interpretation available by request.
In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, CPEHN will not be providing any handouts at the event, including PowerPoint presentations. Handouts will be available on this page a few days before the convening. A participant list will be emailed after the event.
This convening is FREE.
A special thanks to our funders, who help make our events possible:
- American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
- California HealthCare Foundation
- Kaiser Permanente
- The San Francisco Foundation
- Sutter Health
Please contact Ruben Cantu if you have any questions at (510) 832-1160 x301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.