Having our Say has a new website – check it out here!
Access to affordable, quality health care is central to the ability of all Californians to reach their full potential. As the majority of California’s uninsured, communities of color have a significant stake in the successful implementation of health care reform. The consequences of the lack of access to care are seen in ever-increasing racial and ethnic health disparities.
Having Our Say is a statewide coalition working to ensure that communities of color have a voice in the debate over access to quality health care for all Californians. The coalition is comprised of over 30 community organizations, and has identified the following key health care reform principles:
- Provide universal and affordable health care coverage for all Californians.
- Assure access to equitable, high quality health care for all.
- Ensure equity of responsibility based on financial resources.
- Assure an efficient health care system to sustain universal coverage.
- Prioritize the creation of healthy communities