ACA Defense Hub
Check out our latest fact sheets on Republican efforts to repeal the ACA:
- New! Factsheet on Senate Republican Health Care Proposal (CPEHN - updated 7/14/17)
- District-by-District ACA Enrollment (Health Access)
- Impact of Republican ACA Repeal Plans on Mental Health / en Español (CPEHN)
- Impact of Republican ACA Repeal Plans on CA's Criminal Justice Reforms (CPEHN)
- Impact of Republican ACA Repeal Plans on Prevention: The Prevention and Public Health Fund in California (CPEHN - updated 7/17/17)
Upcoming Events and Actions*:
- Phone Bank for ACA
- July 25 @ 5PM: ACLU SoCal Office, 1313 W. 8th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017
- Happy Birthday Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Secuirty
- July 25 @ 12PM: Congressman McClintock's District Office, 2200A Douglas Street, Roseville, CA
- LGBT Health Care Town Hall
- July 27 @ 7PM: UC Davis Extension, 2901 K Street, Sacramento, CA 95816
- Save Our Care Bus Tour
- July 29: Location and time will vary based on location. Kick-Off in downtown LA. Stops in Sacramento on July 31
- Happy Birthda Medicare, Medicad, and Social Security
- July 29 @ 2PM: Plumbers Hall, 3473 Santa Rosa Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA
- Agust Recess Accountability Canvass
- July 29 @ 9AM: Vista Civic Center, Morris B. Vance Community Room, 200 Civic Center Drive, Vista, CA
- August Recess Accountability Canvass
- July 30 @ 4:30PM: Markley Park, 2180 N. Berkeley Avenue, Turlock, CA 95382
- Adopt-A-District Town Hall with Rep. Linda Sanchez and Asm. Sharon Quirk-Silva
- August 3 @ 7PM: Fullerton Community Center: 340 W Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA
- Host a phone bank, big or small--it's easy! Training will be provided. Click this link to sign up: http://bit.ly/2n0pMoJ
- Volunteer for a phone bank if there is one in your area: Click this link: http://bit.ly/2oKzbVt to sign up!
- Talk to real people about what’s at stake. Go to SEIU office near you where you will be trained to use Fight4OurHealth and SEIU’s patch-through technology to call into swing states and districts. There are phone banks set up across the state, in Northern, Central and Southern California. Find your nearest phone bank, and sign up!
- Find a Town Hall Near You
*All events and actions are subject to change. Please contact the organizing organization for up-to-date information.
Upcoming CPEHN Legislative Visits:
There are no visits scheduled at this time, please check back later.
Additional Resources on Senate Health Care Repeal Bill, Cost-Sharing Subsidies:
- Tens of Thousands of Californians Living with HIV Would be Impacted by Medicaid Cuts Under the Senate Health Bill (California HIV/AIDS Policy Research Center, June 2017)
- Coverage for American Indians and Alaska Natives at Risk Under Senate GOP Health Bill (Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, July 12, 2017)
- Cruz Amendment Would Worsen Already Harmful Senate Health Bill for People with Medical Conditions (Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, July 12, 2017)
- Senate Health Bill Would Put Coverage Out of Reach for Millions of Low-Income People (Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, July 12, 2017)
- The Senate’s ACA Repeal Would Devastate Rural Communities (Center for American Progress, July 12, 2017)
- Consumer Protections at Risk in Senate’s ACA Repeal Bill (National Health Law Program, July 12, 2017)
- How BCRA Would Harm Public Health and Preventative Care (National Health Law Program)
- Senate Effort to Gut Medicaid Imperils Calif.’s Effort to Ensure Access to Health Care Providers (National Health Law Program, July 14, 2017)
- Medicaid Funding Caps Would Harm Older Adults in California (Justice in Aging)
- True Costs of Repeal: Republican Plans to Repeal the Affordable Care Act Will Harm Every Congressional District (U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Energy and Commerce, March 2017)
- Cost-Sharing Subsidies at Risk! (Health Access)
Check out videos from some of our visits:
For more information please contact Aviva Prager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACA Weekly Round Up:
Catch up with what's happening with the Affordable Care Act including re-caps of ACA repeal efforts, what to expect, and actions to take. Check back on Monday's for an update.
- July 24 - July 28
- July 17 - July 21 / Julio 17 - Julio 21
- July 11 - July 16 / Julio 11 - Julio 16
- June 29 - July 8 / Junio 29 - Julio 8
- June 26 - June 30
- June 19 - June 23
To view older ACA Round Up's click here.
ACA Resources and Statements:
CPEHN statements on ACA defense and Republican repeal efforts.
- Senate Moves Reckless Repeal Bill Forward (7/25/17)
- Our Nation's Leaders Should be Ashamed (6/22/17)
- CBO Estimates 23 Million Would Lose Health Insurance Under GOP Plan (5/24/17)
- President Trump Slashes Funds for Medicaid and Increases Funds for Defense and Border Wall (5/23/17)
- "This is a Scar They Will Carry" (5/4/17)
To view older resources and statements click here.
CPEHN Story Collection:
Since passage of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), over 5 million newly eligible Californians have gained access to health coverage, a majority communities of color through Medi-Cal and Covered California. But all of these gains are now at risk.
Please share your story about how the ACA has helped your community member. Your voice matters, and it will be what helps preserve this progress.
Join the Fight:
Your support helps us keep up the fight to protect our care!