You are here
Equity in Behavioral Heath: Webinar Series
Communities of color and LGBTQ have historically been unserved, underserved, or inappropriately served by California’s behavioral health system.
Learn more about mental health systems, SUD treatment, and policy strategies for reducing disparities.
Get the tools and skills you need to advocate for your communities!
Webinar #1: Mental Health Systems: Navigating Medi-Cal and County Programs
Friday, October 12th, 11am-12pm
- What is mental health and how is care delivered in California?
- How to access care in Medi-Cal and county programs.
- Disparities and implications for communities of color.
Webinar #2: Best Practices to Reduce Disparities in Mental Health
Thursday, October 25th, 11am – 12pm
- Effective mental health outreach models for communities of color.
- Community-defined best practices for addressing trauma and mental health needs.
- Strategies for data collection and reporting to address disparities.
Webinar #3: Substance Use Prevention & Treatment: Community-Oriented Practices
Friday, November 16th, 11am – 12pm
- What is substance use and how is care delivered in California?
- Community-specific outreach, prevention, and treatment strategies.
- The role of community clinics in preventing and treatment substance use.
Webinar #4: Policy Strategies for Reducing Behavioral Health Disparities
Thursday, December 6th, 11am – 12pm
- How can you engage in county-level behavioral health programs?
- Expanding access to care for California’s immigrant communities.
- Improving the quality of behavioral health care for communities of color.