You are here
Free Oral Health Webinar Series
Oral Health for All Californians
Oral health is crucial to overall health but the systems that govern access to care are fragmented and complex.
Our partners have told us that knowing how to navigate oral health services is a priority in their communities.
CPEHN is excited to announce a FREE Oral Health Webinar Series this summer for advocates and community-based organizations!
We hope that you will join us and experts from across the state to learn about oral health, the Denti-Cal system, and successes and challenges in connecting our communities to better care.
Below is more information and a flyer. Please spread the word among your networks!
Oral Health Systems: Navigating Denti-Cal
- May 31st from 11am-12pm
- Topics: What is oral health and what are the systems of care that deliver it? What is the implication for communities of color? The Medi-Cal and Denti-Cal relationship. How to file a complaint if any of your health care rights were violated.
- Fatima D. Morales, Senior Associate, Health Policy and Outreach, Children Now
- Amber Christ, Senior Staff Attorney, Justice in Aging
Oral Health Procedures: Coverage & Access
- June 28th from 11am-12pm*
- Topics: What oral health procedures are covered and what are not? Common procedures and ER dental services. Myths and FAQs. Alternative resources for undocumented adults to access dental care.
- Dr. Irene Hilton, National Network for Oral Health Access, UCSF
- Liz Ramierez, Maternal and Child Health Access
Oral Health Workforce: Expanding Reach
- Date August 2nd from 11am-12pm*
- Topics: Accessing oral health outside of the dentist’s office. Who are “mid-level providers” and what can they do? What is their reach in communities of color/marginalized communities?
- Speakers: Dr. Jean Moore, Director, Oral Health Workforce Research Center
Oral Health in Our Communities: Successes & Challenges
- Date September 6 from 11am-12pm*
- Topics: Community spotlight on local innovations – how can these models be replicated in your communities? What challenges still need to be addressed?
- Veronica Camacho, Health Advocacy Project Coordinator, Vision y Compromiso
- Kevin Liao, Project Specialist, API Forward Movement
Learn about the campaigns shared at the webinar today!
API Forward Movement
Vision y Compromiso
- “Oral Health is a Social Justice Issue: Results from Surveys and Focus Groups with Promotores in California”-- Report
- Download the Oral Health Messages by Age Group Toolkit
Questions? Contact Mihae Jung at email@example.com
Spread the Word! Click here to download our flyer!
Learn more about the California Oral Health Network.
Click here for oral health resources.
*Dates subject to change.